A citrus juicer is a valuable accessory for all kitchens. If you want to make a glass of iced lemonade on a hot summer day, whip up lemon juice to dress a salad or drink fresh citrus juice for an early morning boost, there is nothing that beats freshly squeezed the juice. A citrus juicer is an accessory designed for the extraction of juice as well as a pulp from citrus fruits. Lemons, oranges, grapefruit, tangerines, and limes are all fruits that produce a high juice yield that is easy to juice. In this review, you will see different types of citrus juicers in the market.
When it comes to shopping for the best commercial citrus juicer, there are some factors you need to consider. Possibly the most essential factor is the amount of juice you want to extract from a single fruit using minimum effort. Commercial juicers are the best because they serve for a prolonged period and can prepare more juices fast. Here are the factors to consider:
The Size of the Juicer
It is recommended to assess how big the appliance is before committing a purchase. Ensure that you have sufficient space in your kitchen for the machine. If you have insufficient space, you may be forced to go for the small juicers. Always opt for a compact juicer designed to save kitchen-space for other devices.
Most users juice fruits to improve their health. Usually, various kinds of juicers offer varying results when it comes to the nutrients they give on the juices. You should do thorough research and have a clear cut idea of all types of vegetables you need to juice frequently if health is your primary goal. Always go for a juicer that retains as many nutrients as possible as long as you can easily afford it.
Also, check out the power of your juicer’s motor. The power of the motor is essential as it determines the dryness of the pulp. With this in mind, search for an efficient and powerful juicer. A motor’s power can also determine the noise produced by the appliance when it is in operation. The electric citrus juicers are fitted with weak motors that make them overheat. The perfect juicer is that which has at least 30 watts.
Cleaning is essential for all kitchen tools. Generally, cleaning most of the juicers in the market is a daunting process, and the high-end models tend to be the worst. You should look for a juicer that has few different pieces if simple cleanup is a priority for you.
The cold-press and twin-gear juicers tend to effectively extract juice from vegetables and fruits because they work at slower speeds than the centrifugal juicers. On the other hand, it means that you get a higher yield containing much more nutrients. When determining the best juicer to buy, it is thus essential to ask yourself whether you want to get much more out of your juice or get the juice faster and move on with other schedules of the day. You will note that irrespective of the type of juicer you opt for, various vegetables and fruits are much better when juiced at varying speeds, so you must consider the speed options offered by the juicer before purchasing.
Most juicers incorporate additional features that make them a better value for your investment. For instance, some come with functions to regulate the pressure buildup within the device, which is essential in preventing clogging of the food pulp. Also, there those models that have standard safety features. The good thing about some juicers is that they do not open when the lid is open. This feature guarantees your safety and lowers splashes.
Top 15 Commercial Citrus Juicers
This is perhaps the best cheap citrus juicer in the market, and most clients would appear to agree, judging by the positive reviews online. One area where this juicer surpasses its competitors is its sleek and robust brush stainless steel material. The stylish and appealing material possessed by this tool makes it exterior perfect for almost all kitchen countertops.
It is essential for performing efficiently and extracting from a wide variety of citrus fruits and vegetables. The good thing about this machine is that it is designed to handle the largest to smallest citrus fruits. It also maximizes the amount of juice extracted from every fruit.
- Modern and compact design – this juicer from Cuisinart features a compact and modern design. Its small size makes it fit in almost all kitchens.
- Three pulp control settings – the three pulp control settings allow you to make adjustments on the juicer based on your taste. Using settings is effortless.
- Extra-long snap-up spout – this feature enables you to lower the risk of dripping. It also assists you to accommodate several glasses.
- Final spin function – the final spin function is made in a unique manner that helps you to squeeze more juice from the pulp.
- Auto-reversing features for more efficient juicing.
- Convenient cord storage and easy-to-clean dishwasher-safe parts.
- Effective to use
- Exceptional pulp control
- Stylish design
- Compact Juicer
- Quite loud
- Low motor speed
- Expensive replacement parts
If you are a health-conscious person, this is the best product for you. It is a slow and state-of-the-art masticating juice extractor that yields a glass of juice by extracting all nutrients from fruits. The low speed of the machine ascertains juice that is not oxidized, not clogged and juice that has no heat. The appliance is fitted with an auto-pulp discharge for the continuous process.
It comes with dishwasher-safe parts for effortless cleaning, reverse feature to lower congestion, as well as a two-year warranty. Your safety is also guaranteed thanks to the environmentally friendly and non-toxic heavy-duty juicing screws and motor protection feature.
- Upgraded spiral system – it includes a modern spiral system with seven sections. This opens up every cell of your vegetables and fruits for optimal juice yield. In the end, you will get optimal nutrition and minimal oxidation.
- 80 RPM speed and 90% more nutrition growth – this feature ensures that the motor stays silent and does not create excessive heat or friction. Thus, it reserves the enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
- Pulp and Juice separation feature – the juicer efficiently separates pulp from the juice and correctly extracts nutrients from the vegetables and fruits into a juice.
- Silent – apart from operating at less than sixty decibels, it is also easy to operate, assemble, and clean the dishwasher-safe parts. The heavy-duty and robust body guarantees a longer life.
- Easy to clean
- Less foaming and oxidation
- Little heat production
- Compact and lightweight
- Slower than other models
- Dark juices can stain inner parts
Lexen GP27 (the original healthy juicer) is the most accessible, most affordable, and most efficient manual wheatgrass juicer in the market. Designed for easy usage and easy cleaning, this healthy juicer enables you to consume a maximum amount of vegetables efficiently. The manual juicer is not only easy to operate and clean but also weighs a minimal 2.4 lbs. Besides, it is portable and fits perfectly in your kitchen. The manufacturer gives users a sixty-day trial along with a twelve months warranty on the machine.
While the appliance can be utilized on all kinds of vegetables and fruits, it works well with the hard, fibrous leafy greens and vegetables like spinach, celery, chard, kale, wheatgrass, and parsley. Being a cold press juicer enables it to preserve most of the natural nutrients it produces.
- Multipurpose Juicing – it juices collard greens, parsley, chard, lettuce, wheatgrass, kale, celery, spinach, and anything leafy smoothly.
- Easy-to-use and clean – the juicer is designed for easy usage and cleaning.
- It has a suction base and a stainless steel table clamp to allow you attach it from any surface.
- It has a grinding plate and a stainless steel end cap.
- It is compact, portable, and lightweight for superb travel.
- Stainless steel clamp
- Easy to clean
- Suction cup base
- Needs some skills
- Countertop clamp needs a deep grip
The good thing about this special juicer is that it comes with double self-reversing cones that are helpful when it comes to squeezing all juice drops from the citrus fruits inserted to the machine. It is the best device for extracting juice from small citrus fruits like lemons, limes, and oranges thanks to the integrated small cone. On the other hand, the large cone is essential for larger fruits. The included powerful motor allows you to extract juice within a short period. In addition, the juicer is able to produce high-quality juices with sensible pulp content. The cleaning procedure is also less time-consuming and flawless since some of its parts are dishwasher-safe.
- Modifiable pulp control – this unique feature offers you total control over the amount of pulp to be included in the final juice. It also has a section designed to hold the additional pulp.
- Auto-reversing juicing cones that offer optimal juice extraction.
- Integrated cord wrap – this feature makes it easier to store the cord in your cupboard or countertop.
- Clear-view plastic container – it makes it effortless for you to assess the juice extraction procedure and its progress.
- A plastic storage cover – this feature ascertains that your juicer remains dust-free and clean.
- Easy to use and clean up
- Gives you total control on the pulp
- Compact and small
- It has a dual-purpose cone to work for both large and small citrus
- It boasts an extensive 32-oz.capacity
- Quite noisy
- Cord length is ineffective for some users
This is a horizontal masticating juicer that can comfortably fit on your kitchen countertops. It is made to enable easy cleaning. The juicer operates at low speed, thus saving the nutrients, enzymes, vitamins, as well as the taste of the juice. It incorporates dual-stage processing to boost the juice yield, be it fruits of leafy vegetables.
The juicer comes with a robust motor to handle any item. Yes, you can clean it by just allowing water flow through the juicer. Washing it thoroughly is quite challenging since you have to detach the entire tool. The collection jar is quite small, thus limiting you to making a glass of juice at a time.
- You can detach and clean up the appliance in just five minutes.
- It functions at the optimal speed of 80RPM, allowing you to get optimal best quality juice yield.
- It does not enable oxidation in juice and thus protects nutrients, enzymes, and vitamins thanks to its low speed.
- It is ideal for making juices of leafy greens, fruits, and vegetables.
- It works quietly
- It incorporates the wattage of 200 Watts.
- It has an inbuilt handle for easy usage.
- Easy cleaning plus an automatic pulp ejection.
- Designed to minimize waste and maximize yield
- Fairly quiet
- Easy to operate, assemble, and clean
- An extensive warranty
- Fairly expensive
- Not dishwasher safe
- Small collection container
Juicing is essential for all people irrespective of their age as it helps them absorb nutrients from vegetables and fruits. This juicer from Mueller is best suited for you if you need to enhance your healthy lifestyle and overall health. With 1100 watt motor plus dual-speed motor, Mueller Austria allows you to juice from 12000 to 15000 RPM and from 15000 to 18000 RPM. It is designed for both hard and soft fruits. It can squeeze the soft fruits such as melons, tomatoes, grapes, oranges, and apples. On the other hand, it is useful for juicing hard fruits like celery, carrots, ginger, beets, and kale, among others. However, you need to purchase the juicer directly from Mueller Austria to ascertain its quality and durability.
- It incorporates a locking mechanism – the locking mechanism is linked to an auto shut-off switch and holds the juicer lid/pulp in place. The juicer will not start if the locking mechanism is not in its locked and upright position.
- Inbuilt thermal automatic shut off/ cut off switch – unlike other models; thus juicer embraces a unique feature that automatically shuts off the motor should the juicer overheat or jam during the juicing process.
- Patented low-speed technology – it incorporates a durable DC motor that operates at only 60 RPM using little energy. This feature also ascertains quiet operation.
- Dual-stage motor
- It has an auto-shutoff function
- Large juice capacity
- It incorporates a two-year warranty
- Large juice capacity
- The cleaning process is tedious
- Some users complain about its overall lifespan
Hamilton is famous for producing wide-mouth juicers. Incorporating a strong motor that squeezes the fruits and vegetables really well, the 67650A wastes very little of the vegetables and fruits as pulp and offers an optimal yield of high-quality juicer. The wide-mouth on this juicer is about three inches and thus allows you to insert an entire peeled orange, a whole apple, as well as a full bunch of kale into the tube. The juicer blade is made of stainless steel micro-mesh cutter alongside a strainer that turns a hard beetroot into a fresh and smooth juice within a couple of seconds. The machine is easy to clean and embraces dishwasher safe BPA-free parts.
- Juice a variety of vegetables and fruits in a short period – juicing if effortless as you only need to insert the strainer and lock the lid with some metal latches, and then add the pulp bin. You can extract juice from products like ginger, apples, and leafy greens. The juicer can also be used to make rice milk, almond, or soy.
- 800Watts of power – this power is sufficient to make fresh juice fast and easily. To get you started, the juicer comes with recipes and juicing tips.
- Dishwasher-safe parts – the juicer incorporates a useful cleaning brush to help you clean the machine.
- Bigmouth feeder – the 3-inch feed chute lowers the pre-cutting processes and continuous juicing. It also has an extra-large pulp to prevent the unnecessary emptying of the pulp.
- It produces dry pulp
- Easy to use
- Quite affordable
- Quite noisy
- Storage of juice makes it lose some nutrients
Breville BJE200XL is a compact, easy-to-use, and powerful centrifugal juicer that will make juice from some of the toughest vegetables and fruits out there. It may be tiny, but it still offers all the performance and power you would expect from a Breville juicer. It conserves the counter space by efficiently collecting pulp within the footprint. This appliance has gathered positive reviews from both juicing fanatics and amateurs alike. Breville may not be among the leading household kitchen appliance producers, but they are on the way to becoming one of the best kitchen appliance manufacturers in the industry.
- Exceptional extraction system – the Italian-made mesh filter basket and titanium-reinforced disc are made from stainless steel and are designed for maximum nutrient and juice extraction.
- Inbuilt froth separator – some vegetables and fruits create froth when juiced. The juice jug is fitted with an integrated froth separator to pour less froth into the glass, and more juice.
- Shortened preparation time – the exclusive three-inch chute feed enables you to juice whole vegetables and fruits without pre-cutting.
- Stainless steel strainer and blades
- Safety locking mechanism
- Powerful 700 Watts motor
- Non-slip feet
- Produces a lot of foam
- Quite noisy
- Not ideal for leafy greens
You will never miss valuable drop from the fresh lime and lemon with this top-rated Zulay lemon and lime squeezer as you only need to press down the squeezer. It juices all sizes of fruits from small limes to large lemons to medium-sized oranges. The squeezer is guaranteed to be dependable, durable, and safe as it is designed from sturdy aluminum, premium quality metal, as well as non-toxic, lead-free coating.
Its compact size makes it sit on your table or kitchen counter without consuming a lot of space. You will also fall in love with it since it’s dishwasher-friendly. Aside from it being dishwasher-friendly, you can clean it up manually with a precise time.
- Heavy-duty metal bowls – with the sturdy and reliable bowls, you can use this lime and lemon squeezer to extract juice from small limes, small oranges, and large lemons. It also makes sure that the squeezed juice is free of seeds and pulp.
- Dishwasher safe – the dishwasher-safe parts of this machine mean that cleaning it up is easy and quick. You will have an effortless time cleaning it up using your hands.
- Compact – the compact size and design of this squeezer simplifies the storage and usage tasks. The squeezer isn’t bulky and will thus not crowd your home bar or kitchen. Also, you will not have to worry about battery or electricity bills since it’s a manual squeezer.
- Designed from strong stainless steel
- Washable in a dishwasher
- Gives a lot of value to its investment
- Integrates a valuable squeezing mechanism
- Does not squeeze the entire lemon juice
FP3020 12-cup food processor is one of the best food processors across the world for various reasons. It is durable, functional, and embraces a pretty design to gratify you. This unique food processor offers slicing, shredding, dicing, and mixing of any type of food. It includes twelve cups for dry ingredients and nine cups for liquid ingredients. The appliance is not only fast but also silent and powerful. It consists of eleven speeds and pre-set speed function for food preparation. With the exception of the motor, all other parts are detachable and easily washable in the dishwasher or manually. Regarding the accessories, you are offered various blades for whipping, shredding, kneading, and slicing.
- A dual control system that comes with varying speeds.
- It has eleven preset speeds that enable you to choose any speed that you want to begin at. This aspect offers you total control over the evenness of the entire process.
- It is fitted with a powerful and 600W ultra-quiet motor that delivers a peak of up to 900 watts when need be.
- It incorporates inbuilt safety features.
- It comes with twelve months warranty from the manufacturer.
- Most of its parts are dishwasher safe
- Low power consumption
- High energy efficiency
- Ultra-quiet technology
- It has safety features and preventive measures
- It is somehow expensive
- It requires additional blades
- Some consider it bulky and big
The Focus Foodservice Jupiter manual juicer allows you to mix up the ideal mojito or any juice-based cocktail easily, and also get creative juices flowing. This manual, top-of-the-line juicer offers reliable performance when it comes to extracting pure citrus juices from lemons, oranges, grapefruits, and limes. While guaranteeing negligible skin oils and pulp pass through, this machine’s easy-to-grip ergonomic handle applies a lot of pressure while outputting minimal waste. The components are coated in unique finishes that are not only extremely durable and long-lasting but also resists citrus acids. The sure-grip feet on the juicer prevent skidding on countertops while it is in use.
- Proficient quality – designed from cast iron and rust-resistant material, the appliance is destined to last for a more extended period.
- Ergonomic handle – The ergonomic rubberized handle is made to sustain up to 2300 PSI.
- Do not miss a drop – it is useful for squeezing the most juice possible out of grapefruits, oranges, limes, lemons, and much more.
- Stable while in use – the base is heavy for more excellent stability while the long handle provides extra leverage while in use.
- A dense, stable base for stability purposes
- Durable and robust stainless-steel and cast-iron construction
- Ergonomic rubberized handle
- Easy to clean
- Does not have a pitcher
- Lacks pulp control settings
Built to be the best in the squeezer world, the Cucisina lemon squeezer is true of the lemon squeezers regularly recommended by the experts. It uses heavy-duty cast aluminum as the primary material for its construction. This material is sturdy and strong, enhancing a longer life to the juicer while making it less disposed to dents and scratches. The handle is designed professionally to protect the user’s hand and also ensure that the user has a firm grip when using it to squeeze the lemons.
If you are the type of individual that likes to get every drop of juice from lemons, then this squeezer is the best appliance for you. It is made in such a way that it extracts a lot of juice from every slice of the citrus fruit. Besides, it is easy to clean it, either via dishwasher or manually with your hands.
- Heavy-duty cast aluminum construction – the material used in the construction of this appliance is safe for food preparation. Also, it is durable and not prone to rust, pits, scratches, and cracks.
- Unique squeezing abilities – this is due to other features incorporated into the squeezer like thick casting, reinforced hinges, optimally-sized bowl, and sturdy levers.
- Ergonomically designed handles – this offers you a steady and robust grip while absorbing pressure and cushioning your hands.
- Washable in a dishwasher
- It has a lifetime warranty
- Not as durable as its competitors
- Does not squeeze every drop from a lemon
This is a premium top-rated lemon squeezer featuring metal and aluminum construction. Yes, it works perfectly to make sure that you efficiently extract juice from a lemon. Additionally, it is a reliable and fast product that is designed with modern technology.
The good thing is that this squeezer incorporates a heavy bowl to hold your extract. Similarly, this item is easy to use. With this, it saves you time and effort. Chefbar squeezer is a safe and dishwasher product that is easy to clean. It is also compact and portable, thus allowing you to move with it from place to place. Lastly, this exclusive product measures precisely 8.6 X 2.9 X 2 inches.
- It is a manual-operated device. Thus you don’t need to worry about electricity and batteries.
- All-metal structure, rust-free, and shiny yellow surface.
- It has an inbuilt strainer to make sure that your juice has no seeds.
- It is has a perfect size for squeezing limes and lemons.
- It incorporates ergonomically designed handles for comfort and easy usage.
- Ideal for mixed drinks and cocktails
- It is fast and reliable
- Dishwasher safe
- It is easy to clean
- Some users claim that the handle causes some discomfort.
This handheld manual orange juicer is unique as it embraces a dual-gear lever that works to squeeze harder with a similar effort, thus producing much more juice from the oranges. The juicer is not only easy to use but also sits perfectly on the top shelf of the dishwasher. The only con of this juicer is that it produces little juice at a time, thus limiting its usefulness as a commercial squeezer and juicer. It is perfect for making or cooking cocktails.
This device is designed with an innovative dual-gear mechanism to assist you to lower the tiredness of your hand and enhance the pressing power. The resilient nylon and stainless steel is not only perfect for a dishwasher but also guarantees long-lasting usage.
- It includes a compact and portable design for easy maneuverability.
- Multipurpose – apart from juicing oranges, it is also perfect for squeezing limes, lemons, and small grapefruits.
- The dual-gear mechanism lowers hand fatigue by boosting the pressing power.
- It lasts for a prolonged period thanks to its nylon and stainless steel construction.
- It produces 20% more juice than its competitors
- It comes with a dual-gear mechanism
- Designed with nylon and resilient stainless steel
- Easy to handle
- Its small size makes it some fruit juice when used to squeeze larger limes and lemons
- Exerting too much pressure to the squeezer may damage it
This powerful and quiet electric orange juicer with its 50W of power can offer you all you need to get underway with juicing. The juicer comes with an inbuilt stainless steel strainer to prevent clogging and facilitate easy clean up when you are done with juicing. The distinctive feature about this citrus juicer is that when you press down the orange to juice it, you don’t have to exert a lot of pressure as other models. This feature lowers the chances of your wrists tiring out.
In fact, this compact appliance performs much better and more comfortable than some higher-priced electric juicers. Regarding its looks, this machine looks almost similar to other electric juicers, but the motor is much more silent and powerful during the juicing process.
- It guarantees continuous operation since the juice pours directly into the glass. The stainless steel locking spout sustains this process.
- It has a stainless steel strainer that prevents clogging and ensures easy cleanup.
- It ascertains optimal extraction from the largest grapefruits to the tiniest limes.
- It includes a universal ream that ensures the convenience of both a large and small ream.
- A quiet motor
- Automatic one-touch operation
- Stainless steel strainer which prevents clogging
- Lacks pulp control settings
- It lacks pressing arm
What is the best juicer for wheatgrass?
Lexen GP27 (the original healthy juicer) is the best when it comes to wheatgrass juice.
What is the difference between a home and a commercial juicer?
Even though the end product extracted by the two juicers is the same –juice, a home juicer is generally not utilized as extensively as a commercial juicer and so the blades, the capacity, and shape differences between the two. A home juicer may not have the ability to produce as much juice as its counterpart. They also possess different attachments for all the juicing requirements. A commercial model contains separate units for vegetables, root vegetables, vegetables, among others. The commercial devices are also designed to produce a large number of juices daily, unlike the home juicers. It is also notable that the commercial machine contains a more powerful motor than the home juicer.
What are the different types of commercial juicers?
Citrus Juicer: Most of the juicers discussed in this review can be used to juice citrus fruits. There are several economical options available in the market if this is your primary objective. Most of these devices are listed as ‘citrus press’ or ‘OJ juicer,’ and there are plenty of them available in the market. You can either buy a simple, manual citrus juicer that costs a mere $ 20 or goes for an expensive version that has inbuilt containers for holding the juice. A citrus juicer is ideal for you if you aren’t interested in producing other types of vegetables and fruits.
Cold Press Juicers; Not only are these juicers more expensive than the citrus juicers but also offer much better results in terms of the amount of juice produced and nutrients maintained. Cold press juicers squeeze out the juice from fruits and vegetables via crushing. They are useful when it comes to juicing a wide variety of vegetables, and produce juice that stays fresh for an extended period. Besides, you can use it to make baby food or crush nuts into nut butter.
Centrifugal Juicers: These are also among the most popular juicers on the market. They usually use fast, sharp moving blades to chop up your vegetables and fruits and fresh filters to separate the liquid from the pulp. This may be the most affordable juicer if you are searching for a much more full-service juicer. It is quick and easy to juice with this juicer, and it can extract juice from most types of vegetables and fruits. However, it isn’t the best when it comes to juicing wheatgrass, herbs, and other leafy greens in comparison to other models.
Twin-Gear Juicers: This juicer is suited for a ‘juicing enthusiast’ who has high-end tastes. It may be costly in comparison to other models, but it produces juices with high nutrients content. This juicer works by pressing vegetables and fruits between two interlocking gears, at a much slower speed, thus producing an extract that is rich in nutrients. This device is perfect if you are a ‘health enthusiast’ looking to get the best from your fruits or vegetables.
Plastic or steel made juicer, which one is better?
Juicers are available in two types, metal, and plastic. The steel (metal) juicers are enormous and more expensive than the plastic-made juicers, but they are reliable and do not tear easily. On the other hand, plastic juicers are lightweight and affordable, but can easily crack or break down due to their nature. As you can see, a stainless steel designed juicer is much better due to its prolonged lifespan.
If it’s made by plastic, will any bad smell come from it?
Yes, if the juicer is designed from an uncertified plastic material.
Operated manual or automatic, which one is better and more long-lasting?
A manual juicer is also known as Hand Juicer. This juicer demands basic pressing motion or squeezing from you. You have to apply maximum pressure to get optimal production. The good thing about a manual juicer is that it produces pure juice rich in minerals and vitamins. The nutrients aren’t destroyed because it doesn’t produce any heat. However, it isn’t the best when one is producing juice commercially as it requires a lot of time. It is silent and portable, thus making it easy to travel with during your vacation. It is also easy to clean in comparison to electric juicers since there are few moving parts. It will also last longer than the electric counterpart due to the less tear and wear involved.
On the other hand, electric juicers are the best when it comes to producing large amounts of juices. But it is essential to note that the device will not entirely do the work for you since you will be required to slice the vegetables and fruits into small slices.
Whether searching for an electric juicer or manual one, one of the most significant features to look out for is its build. You want a juicer that is designed to last long so that you get a good value for your investment. This review offers you some of the best commercial juicers in the market, thus making it hard to select the outright winner. If you are already sold on the concept of buying a squeezer or juicer, deciding whether health, cost, as well as ease of use wins out in your considerations will make a significant impact in which juicer model works right for you.